Resources > Marketing & Growth > Building a website
Building a website
Make your club visible
Increase membership, make your Aktion Club more visible and share with others what you are doing by creating your own website. Here are some basics about websites.
Hosting a site:
- Most Aktion Club members attach their Aktion Club's website as a subdirectory to their agency’s website. Contact your agency's administration or technical support staff for this option.
- Some communities have developed community websites, which offer free or reduced-rate space to nonprofit or service groups.
- There are a variety of "free" hosts that do not charge for hosting a club's website. Most attach advertisements to the club's website in return for this service. (geocities.com, tripod.net, angelfire.com)
- Some clubs pay a monthly fee to a local Internet provider to host their sites.
Design a website:
- Follow the Guidelines established by the Kiwanis International Board.
- Look at other club websites to see how they have done it.
- Consider the site's purpose and how frequently it will be maintained. Regularly updated sites give users reasons to return.
- Developing a Website or Web Page
Submit your address
Once your club website is live on the Internet, please submit the URL (Web site address) via e-mail. Include your club key number, club name, city/state and contact info in case we have a question. Upon review and approval, a link will appear on the Aktion Club Website Links page. This is a great way to gain exposure for your club and attract future Aktion Clubbers.