Serve > Service Initiative
Sleeping Children Around the World
Working together to make the world a better place. This is what Aktion Club members are striving to do one project at a time. Aktion Club members have united together in an effort to support an international Service Initiative.
The focus of the Aktion Club Service Initiative is Sleeping Children Around the World, a nonprofit organization located in Toronto, Ontario.
The mission of SCAW is to provide bed kits to children in need throughout the developing world. This is carried out through free-will donations and partnerships with volunteers around the globe. A bed kit donation of $35 provides a mat or mattress, pillow, sheet, blanket, mosquito net (if applicable), clothes outfit, towel and school supplies.
Guiding Principles of SCAW
Guiding principles are at the very core of our organization. We operate under this blanket of core values, which guides our direction and our mission, and keeps everyone on the same journey.
AT SLEEPING CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD:
- We believe that it is the basic right of every child to have a comfortable night's sleep
- 100% of all bedkit donations go directly to its contents. No portion is used to pay for operating expenses
- We provide hope and joy and aim to preserve the dignity of each child we help
- We verify that each bedkit is received by a child in need
- All donations are of "free will" giving. We will not undertake telemarketing, door to door appeals, mass mailings or use professional fundraisers to help our cause
Kiwanis family members are asked to support this initiative by making monetary donations from Aktion Clubs to Sleeping Children Around the World.
Use the following resources to assist in educating both Kiwanis family members and the community about the Aktion Club Service Initiative. Take a moment to view what’s available. If you need copies of these items please contact Kiwanis International Membership Department at 1-800-KIWANIS, ext. 411 and place an order.
Sleeping Children Around the World website