Aktion Club Week is celebrated the first full week of March and gives members the opportunity to show their community what Aktion Club is truly about: service.
Aktion Club Week
Each year, Aktion Clubs will have a chance to participate in Aktion Club Week. It’s a week designated to shine a light on Aktion Club and the impact clubs are making in their communities.
Every day has a special theme for clubs to follow. In all, more than 500 clubs have the opportunity to participate. Planning on participating? Use this Aktion Club Week Guide to help with club promotion. Also, visit our Facebook page and share posts to raise greater awareness!
It is a great time to build awareness, recruit new members and make Aktion Club a household name!
Show your K in Every way—tell everyone you know about Aktion Club by spreading the word about it. It’s easy! Things you can do:
- Wear your official member pin and talk about your club to anyone you see that day.
- Wear your Aktion Club gear, such as t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, or anything Aktion Club.
- Place posters around the community advertising Aktion Club and Aktion Club Week.
- Get your local media involved! Schedule an interview with your local radio or television station talking about the service that Aktion Club does. Write an article and publish it in your local newspaper.
Kudos to Aktion—This is a day to recognize our members of Aktion Club for all the work they do. Advisors can show appreciation to members in a variety of ways, such as the ones listed below.
- Host an appreciation party! Have their favorite foods, music, and games at the party. Don’t forget the pizza!
- Honor members of your club who go the extra mile with certificates of appreciation or awards, such as trophies.
- Give thank you notes to your club advisors, Kiwanians and members.
- Use social media. Give a shout-out to Aktion Club members who go above and beyond. Create an album on Facebook, highlighting members with pictures and a synopsis of their hard work.
Dare to Care—Share Aktion Club and your passion for serving others with your favorite local charities! Host a service project or fundraiser on this day. Consider some of the following ideas to participate on this day.
- Make support cards for premature babies who are in the neonatal intensive care unit of your local hospital.
- Make non-slip socks or capes for your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital.
- Make a presentation to your sponsoring Kiwanis club on your local service projects to show off the club’s work.
- Invite local organizations your club has helped to speak on your club’s impact to the sponsoring Kiwanis club and other community leaders.
- Conduct fundraisers to support Sleeping Children Around the World. Sell baked goods such as cupcakes, cookies and cakes.
Kindness in Aktion—A smile goes a long way. Spread happiness throughout your community by doing little random acts of kindness. Challenge every member to complete one act of kindness on this day, such as:
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Put change in a vending machine.
- Leave a nice note in a library book.
- Smile at everyone you see today.
- Leave sticky notes with compliments to those you know.
- Write a thank-you note to someone who has made a positive impact on you.
- Start a conversation with someone who is standing alone.
Connect the K’s—Aktion Club is the only service organization for adults with disabilities in the world and just one part of the Kiwanis family. Celebrate the entire family of Kiwanis by engaging with all local Kiwanis family clubs—Builders Club, Key Club, Circle K, K-Kids and Kiwanis. Some ideas are listed below.
- Host a “social” with local CKI and Key Clubs. Have games, activities, music and food.
- Organize a day of play with K-Kids or Builders Club. Conduct fun activities such as jumping rope and playing Frisbee-or playing sports, like soccer and basketball.
- Ask to present about your Aktion Club’s work at a Kiwanis family club’s upcoming meeting.
- Conduct a joint service project with other Kiwanis-family members, such as renovating a children’s home to simply cleaning up a park.
Aktion Club Week Media Toolkit
We’ve developed an easy-to-use toolkit to help you make the most of Aktion Club Week. The toolkit includes:
- A media release and letter to the editor explaining Aktion Club and highlighting service projects undertaken by your club. Media pitches inviting reporters to cover events also are included.
- Graphics and suggested social media posts for your Aktion Club and your Kiwanis club to share on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Proclamations by city, county and state government boards and commissions.